Not Your Traditional Partner
Not the Traditional AIA
We simplify your life.
Times are changing in our community and the profession; we influence things for the better.
We Work on Local Solutions.
Community housing, zoning laws and land-use decisions hit you at home. AIASB fights for improvements and change.
Through design charrettes and competitions, our members design more livable and affordable communities.
We're There When You Can't Be.
Backed with the combined voice of our members, we advocate the issues you need help with.
We bring people together.
When architects come together as one, there are no limits to what they can accomplish.
We Help Promote You.
Awards programs offer unparalled marketing opportunities for you and your clients.
Join Us... It's an investment in your practice, profession, and future.
(Excerpts from "The AIA in California: Your Partner in Practice")
Tangible Benefits of AIA Membership
- Professional advocacy before Legislative and regulatory activities and lobbying efforts at the local, state and national level
- Opportunity to participate in the local political process and local planning
- AIA activities and programs at the National, State and Local levels
- Informational resources: publications, access to AIA resource center and library
- Member discounts for: AIA Bookstore, rental cars, hotels, credit card availability
- Participation in, and discounts for, AIA programs at national, state and local levels
- Free firm and member listings in the AIASB online Membership Directories.
- Access to members only area of the Santa Barbara Chapter website, www.aiasb.com as well as the AIA National's website, www.aia.org, and AIA California Council's website, www.aiacc.org
- Discounts on chapter programs.
- Free job listings on the AIASB website.
- Discounts on contract documents and publicationspurchased through AIASB.
- Free subscription to ARCH, our the AIASB electronic newsletter.
- Free email broadcasts of our monthly programs and events.
- Access to the AIA Trust, offering members information about quality insurance, retirement plans, legal information services
- Subscription to Architectural Record, LINE, AIArchitect and other publications. (Architect and Associate members only)
- Professional fellowship and contacts which enhance growth and personal experience
- An opportunity to address issues and affect policy that governs the profession and practice of architecture
- Better legislative and regulatory environment in which to practice. Special interest growth and contacts
- Opportunities to "give back to the community"
- Personal professional growth
As a member, you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of your profession and our community through chapter committees as well as a thriving advocacy program. In addition, membership offers ample opportunity for professional development and networking to advance your career.